Oficjalny serwis informacyjny Gminy Wyszków

Worth seeing

VASA OBELISK - baroque, inserted after 1655 by the design of architect Giovanni Battista Gisleni, founded by King John Casimir, to commemorate the king's brother, Charles Ferdinand Vasa, the Bishop of Płock. Made from domestic gray marble, on the walls of its base there is the royal coat of arms of the Vasa - a sheaf of corn with a crown. The whole is completed with a ball with a cross double crossed.

GUARDHOUSE IN THE CHARLES FERDINAND VASA PARK - neo-Gothic guardhouse elevated in the mid-nineteenth century in the place of establishment of the entail with a small palace in the grounds of the old manor of the Bishop of Płock Charles Ferdinand Vasa. It served as a caretaker’s lodge at the main gate. It is currently used as the seat of various Wyszkowian associations.

PALACE COMPLEX in Rybienko Stare - a two-storey neoclassical palace complex, situated on the high bank of the Bug river, overlooking vast meadows and wetlands, surrounded by a beautiful historic park, it was built around 1780 presumably by the architect Szymon Bogumil Zug for Livonian Bishop Jan Giedroyc.
The complex consists of a palace and two outbuildings. At the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth century, the palace was rebuilt and now a complete refurbishment is in progress. In several rooms inside the building there are preserved: polychrome, stucco decorations, sandstone fireplaces and a stove with colorful heraldic tiles made in Nieborów around 1880. Starting from 1831, after the fall of the November uprising, the complex was in the hands of Augustus Morzkowski and became a frequent meeting place of Warsaw's bohemians. The last owner of the palace was the family of Skarżyński. Currently, the complex is a private property.

CHURCH IN KAMIEŃCZYK – neo-Gothic, built between 1896 and 1900, designed by J.P. Dziekoński. With wooden bell tower dating from 1885. At the parish cemetery a memorial plaque and graves in honor of 300 Polish soldiers killed in September 1939. A monument on the grave of insurgents who fell on 12 March 1863. The church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

St. Giles Church
The parish of St. Giles was (established) in Wyszków in 1378, by Ścibor, the Bishop of Płock. We learn from the history of Wyszków that over the years (due to frequent wars and fires) at least five wooden churches were built (in 1347, 1378, 1592, 1695, 1720). On this spot, between 1793 and 1795 a brick church of St. Giles was elevated, and was consecrated by Bishop Onufry Szembek on 8 July 1798. In 1884, due to the efforts of Father J. Szmejter two chapels were added to the main church building: chapel of the Heart of Jesus, and of Our Lady. The temple suffered during the First World War. On 18 August 1920 an artillery grenade shuttered the wall of Our Lady chapel. Church windows fell out of frames. Retreating Bolshevik forces destroyed the roof of the temple. In September 1939, during the bombing of Wyszków, the church burned down. In the fire certain elements of the church such as font, pulpit, pews, confessionals and organs also burnt in down. The only thing that survived was the chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary and its altar with two paintings: of Our Lady Apocalyptic and of Our Lady of Perpetual Help as well as two covered oak confessionals. In this very chapel until the end of World War II all masses and services were celebrated as German authorities did not permit to perform any renovation work in the church. It is only after the liberation when the parishioners could begin to rebuild the temple. The works at rebuilding of the temple were started by the parish priest Father Leon Goszczycki who tried to faithfully preserve the original style of the church. His work was then continued by the parish administrator Father Marcel Molski, and since 1946, parish priest Father Joseph Fydryszewski. In 1959, the Bishop of Płock Tadeusz Paweł Zakrzewski consecrated the church dedicated as originally to St. Giles. In 1962 the St. Giles church was recognized as a monument and listed in the register.

MOVABLE MONUMENTS of the St. Giles parish church:

- cup dating from mid-fifteenth century, with an inscription under the foot relating to its sacrifice by the Bishop of Cracow Piotr Gamrat in 1539,
- late-Renaissance cup from around 1620,
- painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary in a silver dress from the seventeenth century,
- eighteenth-century dalmatic.

Statystyka oglądalności strony

Strona oglądana: 9002 razy.
Urząd Miejski w Wyszkowie

Aleja Róż 2, 07-200 Wyszków,
tel.: (29) 742-42-01/08, fax: (29) 742-42-09
e-mail: gmina@wyszkow.pl, www: http://www.wyszkow.pl

Godziny otwarcia:
codziennie, w godz. 8.00 - 16.00,
wtorki, w godz. 8.00 - 18.00

© 2004-2014 Urząd Miejski w Wyszkowie
Zawartość merytoryczna: MICHAŁ MIELCZARCZYK, e-mail: promocja@wyszkow.pl
Projekt: INFOSTRONY - ADAM PODEMSKI, e-mail: adam.podemski@infostrony.pl

Zamknij Serwis stosuje tzw. cookies przede wszystkim aby ułatwić korzystanie z witryny oraz do celów statystycznych. Użytkownicy serwisu mogą samodzielnie zarządzać plikami cookies w ustawieniach przeglądarki. Brak zmiany tych ustawień oznacza akceptację dla stosowanych plików cookies. Więcej informacji w polityce prywatności.